Barbie is a sweet and goofy teenager who thinks she knows it all! She loves to go on walks and does pretty well on a leash but prefers not to stop to visit neighbors as she is on a mission. She can be very vocal when she has a comment or opinion which seems to be fairly often. Typical of most female Pyrs Barbie is independent and strong-willed (and typical of some teens, a little demanding) so she will require a family with Pyr experience who are strong and fair leaders who are willing to work with her to show her she doesn’t need to be in charge of the family and that riding in the car and being a house dog can be fun. Barbie loves to play with other big dogs and has an assertive play style so resident dog(s) will need to be confident and willing to tell her proper play etiquette. Barbie would benefit from basic training to help her understand her crate is meant to be a safe space and that people will most likely love on her without her jumping to get their attention. On her sweet side she loves to cuddle on the sofa, stays right beside her foster mom when moving through the house and fits in well with her foster pack. She is willing to take a nap break when her foster siblings settle down but would prefer to be active. Barbie’s long and lanky legs makes her a good candidate for scaling short fences so a 6-foot fence is needed. Barbie has a jaw deformity at birth but she has no problems drinking and eating. Barbie has been observed ignoring dog savvy cats and would do best in a home with respectful and Pyr experienced teens or homes with no children. Barbie is currently being fostered in Tacoma, WA.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR PUPPY ADOPTION:
1) PUPPIES WILL ONLY BE PLACED IN HOMES THAT HAVE AT LEAST ONE MEDIUM TO LARGE YOUTHFUL, PLAYFUL RESIDENT DOG that is age 1 or older. This helps integrate the dog into your household easier by giving the pup a mentor.
2) These puppies are not livestock dogs. They must be family pets that are allowed inside the home.
3) In addition to the youthful playful dog, someone must also be home at least part of the day. Please do not apply for a puppy if you are gone 8+ hours a day.
4) We give preference to applicants with prior Great Pyrenees knowledge/experience.
5) Secure and visible fencing required.
6) You must have a plan in place to socialize your puppy properly.
7) Please do NOT write us and ask if this puppy is available. If it is posted, it is available. However, we may be working other applications that came in before yours. If so, by the time you are approved, the puppy may not be available.
Adoption Fee: $425
All of our dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped, heartworm tested and up to date on vaccinations.
Transport Fee: $300
Transport fee includes the cost of transport plus the Health Certificate required for USDA approved transport.
All of our dogs are spayed/neutered and up to date on vaccinations.
Adoption applications can be found on our website: www.greatpyrsandpaws.org
Northwest adopter pays cost of transport to independent transport company. Transport is arranged by GPPR.
|Breed:||Great Pyrenees / Mixed (long coat)|
|Status:||Available for Adoption|